Wednesday, July 29

Infamous to shock the Big Screen in 2011


Do you see a trend here? How long ago was Infamous released? Not too long if my memory serves me right. Truth be told the game is still building it’s fanbase around the globe amassing legions of gamers, who’ll without a doubt grab the sequel on day 1. Yes the game is that good. But what do you know, Hollywood came and lay it’s destructive paws on this PS3 gem.

Sony Pictures got the deal of course in what is reported to be a seven figures deal. For those who’re not familiar with the superhero (shame on you), he goes by the name of Cole. His body becomes infused with massive electrical powers making him, you know, not your average kinda guy. Cole can now use his power to save the city or give it even more hell; it’s up to you. And even if you do right all the time, everybody won’t necessary like you, so be ware. Hey Jesus the Christ was perfect right? But they crucified the Savior; make your choices wisely. Here’s Turner:

"What excited me most about the game was it was the first of which I've come across that had a big idea and a character arc. It is, I believe, the future of gaming. The game, while big and fun, is at its core a love ballad to the underachiever, which is what our hero, Cole McGrath, is."

Yeah Turner, we don’t really care what you have to say concerning our games… Sorry for the high level of skepticism but I can’t remember the last game-turn-movie that was great. Mortal Kombat was good, but not great. Are there any others? See, I didn’t think so. But hey, maybe I’m wrong, maybe I’m a negative speaking pessimist and the movie will turn out to be Oscar great; we’ll have to wait and see.

07/29/09 Ernice Gilbert'

No comments:

Post a Comment