Friday, November 27

Microsoft says Natal could replace remote controls


Gamers have long feared news like this, but then again, what's there to fear? Will we trade in our controls for a motion sensing device? If left to Microsoft, that answer would be yes.

According to Xbox Live general manager, Marc Whitten, we could soon see the death of the control in the not too distant future.

Speaking at a streaming media west show, he described the growing amount of 360 video applications as the "biggest surprise" of his work.

"With the flick of my wrist I can change a channel. With the power of my voice I can start a movie," he said.

"I don't believe we're in the golden age of television or the golden age of game console or the golden age of the internet; frankly, five years from now I know that you'll be able to tell the difference between those worlds."

So what say you? Giving up on controllers anytime soon?

Thanks GI.

11/27/09 Ernice Gilbert

No comments:

Post a Comment